Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Macro Input Tool Error

laurennewton
8 - Asteroid

Hello!

I am currently trying to run a workflow that includes several macros. I am getting a strange error that has not been an issue before. I'm wondering if there was an update that I'm not aware of?

Basically the error i receive is this: Error: SAPTable (1): [10:33:01 124] Table [EBAN] does not contain Field [X] and cannot be processed as part of the Table Filter. Please refresh the Table Definition in the Alteryx Designer.

In the input tool I have text input selected and X's as placeholders so I can pull in data. The X is now an issue (even though it wasn't before). I've tried other placeholders like numbers but I get the same error.

Anyone know how to fix this issue?

6 REPLIES 6
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @laurennewton 

I feel the issue is in the action tool. Can you share me a snapshot of your action tool config.

laurennewton
8 - Asteroid

Hi @atcodedog05 

Thanks for replying! I don't have an action tool associated with the macro here is a screen shot of the whole macro.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @laurennewton 

Interesting and strange can you provide a snapshot with the error message in the result window.

laurennewton
8 - Asteroid

Hi @atcodedog05 

Sure. See attached

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @laurennewton 

Just a hunch try "X" (with quotes) instead of X (only X)

laurennewton
8 - Asteroid

Hi @atcodedog05 

Like that idea, sadly it didn't work.

Labels