Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Looping in Alteryx

robertjsimmons
6 - Meteoroid

I have a spreadsheet of data that I am trying to use to post data to an API endpoint.  The endpoint will only accept one JSON file at a time.  I current have created Record ID using the Record ID Tool.  I have it filtered on record 1 and everything is working.  How do I loop through each record and post them one at a time.  I was thinking I could try and use the multi row tool but not exactly sure how it would work.  Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @robertjsimmons 

You do not need to filter row by row to pass it to the download tool, the download tool will send each row as one request alone automatically. You just need to be sure that you build your workflow in a way that provides all rows with the same structure that you are providing the 1 row alone and it is working.

aa.png

robertjsimmons
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for your quick response!  When I remove the filter the JSON tool combines all of the records together into 1 JSON file.  Screen shot attached in Excel file

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

@robertjsimmons 

You can group by recordID (or whatever field is necessary to make each individual row contain an unique and valid json) inside of the Json build tool:

Screenshot 2023-07-28 163805.png

robertjsimmons
6 - Meteoroid

That did it.  Thank you so much for your help!!

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @robertjsimmons 

I am glad it worked. Please accept my answer as a solution to the problem.

Thanks.

Labels