Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Load multiple Outputs from one Directory Tool for further processing

Duszko
7 - Meteor

Hello,
I am building an Alteryx app and looking for the most efficient solution to a problem. I want to load 20 dynamic outputs from one Directory tool. Ideally, I prefer to avoid loading all data into one output and splitting it using multiple filters. Note that I do not want to write Output, but load it to the designer for further processing (20 separate outputs, where one Input path creates one Output).

Can anyone give me a hint on how to proceed? 

EDIT: How do I delete the post? I just realized how easy the solution is and how unfruitful the post is

2 REPLIES 2
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Duszko The ideal solution would be to load one input file (using a batch macro), process, and output the result, if you want to load all the 20 input files to the designer I think either you need to combine all the files and use the filters or separate input tool for each file.

FinnCharlton
13 - Pulsar

@Duszko

Another solution would be to create a batch macro which can input, process and output the files one by one, without having to manual add 20 input tools. Read about them here: https://knowledge.alteryx.com/index/s/article/Getting-Started-with-Batch-Macros-1583461640393 

Labels