Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Linear Regression Predictive Tool Error

macstudent39
6 - Meteoroid

When I attempt to run a simple linear regression, I get the error:

"Tool 170: The input '#1' was not initialized."

How do I fix this and what am I doing wrong?

I checked the variable types, and they are both Double.

15 REPLIES 15
alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Can you show us your Linear Regression tool configuration?

jrgo
14 - Magnetar

I'm betting, based off your profile name, that you're running Alteryx Designer in a Windows VM on a Mac with an Apple silicon, which required that you installed ARM version of Windows.

Alteryx isn't fully compatible on ARM OS's, which the biggest impact I've seen is on the predictive tools.

macstudent39
6 - Meteoroid

Will these photos suffice?

macstudent39
6 - Meteoroid

I am running an Admin version of Alteryx Designer on a Lenovo laptop with a Windows configuration.

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

If you haven't run it, I would run the workflow. Otherwise try selecting a second predictor - a one variable model is a bit odd

macstudent39
6 - Meteoroid

I ran the workflow multiple times. I tried multiple predictors. I tried a different type of regression. I even tried a different dataset. All resulted in a similar error of "The input '#1' was not initialized."

macstudent39
6 - Meteoroid

I am also using the most-recent Admin versions of Alteryx Designer and the Alteryx Predictive Tools.

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Last thing I would check is if you have null data and remove those rows!

macstudent39
6 - Meteoroid

In a previous workflow attempt, I cleaned the data to do that, and I received the same error. Thank you for all the help, btw!

Labels