Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
RÉSOLU

Join data without removing rows in between

Jenina
Astéroïde

Hello,

I am trying to join 2 files cause the other file contains the data needed (lookup function) but my first file has fields in between like in pivot table. My output is not getting the result I wanted. Please see sample files attached.

Thank you

8 RÉPONSES 8
alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I think you should look at the Find Replace tool!

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Looks like there's a bit more work needed as well, so here's a good start on the process: 

geraldo
Pulsar

@Jenina 

I took advantage of another example you asked for and put the join with file2. Maybe it will help with your problem!

Jenina
Astéroïde

@geraldo sorry, If I have a currency column in file 2, would that make a difference? There are same account units and they will differ depending on the currency.

Jenina
Astéroïde

@alexnajm sorry, If I have a currency column in file 2, would that make a difference? There are same account units and they will differ depending on the currency.

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Jenina it makes a difference because if you are matching on two fields, the Find Replace doesn't work. You'll either need to concatenate them on both sides, or you might have to use a Join tool but then you'll likely have to rethink some of the other tools to ensure you keep the options you want. You can play around with my workflow and see how it affects the logic

geraldo
Pulsar

@Jenina 

I believe you are not sending a correct sample. I just replicated your Procv() using the join multiple tool that simulates a procv(). As you only use units, I sent an example. Please review your sample data and submit it so we can help you.

Jenina
Astéroïde

@geraldo  I think I figured this out, but I still have more work to do on the workflow I am building. I will post another query. Thank you!

Étiquettes