Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Join Multiple Tool

cskahan
5 - Atom

I have several inputs that I am trying to join together using the Join Multiple tool, see example below.  However, I would like just 1 Serial Number Column and only 1 Bal_C column.  How do I achieve the desired output after I use the Join Multiple Tool and get the output I am currently seeing in the example below?

cskahan_1-1651512179673.png

3 REPLIES 3
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @cskahan,

Looks like all you need to do is untick the duplicate serial Id columns found here in the multi join configuration section: 

IraWatt_0-1651512930297.png

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I would also union input 3 and 4 before the join as they have the same schema. This will fix the duplicate Bac-C columns.

CathyS_Slalom
9 - Comet

Hi @cskahan, I agree with @IraWatt to union the input 3 and 4 before the multiple join since they have the same Bac-C column. On your join multiple tool, deselect the duplicated column, Serial Number from other inputs.

And in order to the total column, add a formula tool and put the expression: [Bal_A] + [Bal_B] + [Bal_C].

To have the vertical total, line 28 - summarize and rename the columns 

cathyshi525_0-1651523253767.png

Then use formula tool to add the Serial Number column and assign the value 'Total'. After that union them together to have the vertical total, line 28 in your excel sheet.

Labels