Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Issue with data cleansing tool

asinganguly
5 - Atom

Hi Team

I’m facing trouble trying to work with the data cleansing tool, attached is a sample workflow for reference where the error for updating blank cells with 0 is not letting the tool to function properly (screenshots below). Could you kindly assist?

Pls let me know if you need further information from my side.

asinganguly_0-1726643052994.png

asinganguly_1-1726643062938.png

8 REPLIES 8
Raj
16 - Nebula

@asinganguly 
it is always better to use formula tool instead
Mark done if solved.

asinganguly
5 - Atom

But that's not the point, i know the formula tool is a work around. But i need to work with the cleansing tool, it's working for new other folks but not for me.

I've a model built that utilizes the cleansing tool at various places, so need it to work. Thus, this community post searching for the fix

Raj
16 - Nebula

@asinganguly the workflow attached by you work perfectly fine for me on the run
you need to readd the data cleansing tool

asinganguly
5 - Atom

Right, it's working for others but I'm getting the errors (noted in the screenshots), so not sure what's the issue. Tried adding, re-adding, nothing seems to work.

If I uncheck the "updating blank cells with 0" option, it works again. So unclear what or why is the issue

But I need it to work with the above checked

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Do you have "Disable Auto Configure" turned on in your settings? That's the only thing I can think of off the top of my head.

Otherwise submitting a case through Mission Control is likely your best solution as it'll be something very specific to your computer since the workflow works for the majority of people (including myself)

diegosantos
8 - Asteroid

@asinganguly 

Did you have check / compare your version of Alteryx Designer with your colleagues? Maybe your version is different.

apathetichell
19 - Altair

turn off amp. rerun. -> and keep in mind that datacleanse is a local macro - so it's possible that yours was corrupted.

asinganguly
5 - Atom

Thank you for your responses,

1. Auto configure isn't disabled

2. I'm using the latest version, colleagues are using the same

4. AMP is turned off

Corruption can be an issue, in that case would the solution be to uninstall & install again? Or is there a better fix?

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels