Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Issue creating dynamic header for multiple PDF outputs

DavidDiazPagan
5 - Atom

Hello all, 

My team and I created a workflow to clean up information and prepare a footnote for a tax return in PDF form. Each PDF is identified by a specific Transferor (first field) and lists out all the Transferees tied to them (second field). The issue presents itself in the header; we would like a header to each PFD that contains the name and EIN of the Transferor, so each header would be different in each PDF. Whoever, we've tried different ways of moving the tools around and just can't get them to populate the way we want them too. I've attached a piece of the workflow with generic information as a reference.

I'm happy to provide more information if necessary as long as it helps us figure out how to get the headers in each of the PDF outputs accordingly.

Thank you!

David

2 REPLIES 2
Aguisande
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @DavidDiazPagan 

This is the result you're looking for?

Annotation 2019-05-31 102201.jpg

If so, just split the Filed [Transferor - Name & EIN of Partnership] in two (using Text to Columns, \n as delimiter, 2 Columns)

Then, modify your Header replacing the original field for this two new fields.

Hope this helps

DavidDiazPagan
5 - Atom

Hi @aguisande

Thanks for the quick response! I see now that the embedded lines were causing the issue. I should have tried doing it without the embeded section beforehand.

Tried it and it works perfectly now. Thank you so much for the help! :D

Labels