Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Is Alteryx support array data structure?

priyankamishra
5 - Atom

Is Alteryx support array data structure? I want to read the data which is stored in array format in elastic search. 

6 REPLIES 6
gyang3
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@priyankamishra I would highly suggest when you post a question on the Community to provide a sample workflow of what you have attempted in Alteryx to allow the users to understand your level of use in Alteryx. If you can provide a screenshot of a sample input and a desired output, that would be helpful for the community as well.

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @priyankamishra 

You are talking about these type of structures, right?

Felipe_Ribeir0_0-1666997202719.png

Alteryx does not have functions to query/manipulate them directly like some other tools have. But you will be able to manipulate them as strings using the formula tool, regex tool, etc. Another good thing is that you can transform this string into a flat table, do what you need to do and transform them into arrays again.

Here is an close example of this string manipulation to turn a table into array, the other way around is possible too.

Convert Excel to Json with Nested Array - Alteryx Community

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

This would be read as a string - and you would need to parse it via tokenizing/text to columns etc. to split it into component parts. Alteryx does not support [field][index] as a distinct out of the box identity - but you can turn a text field containing an array object into units.

For In-DB operations - Alteryx supports whatever DICT/OBJECT/ARRAY/STRUCT etc. formats are supported by the connected DB based upon the ODBC driver. This means that you can hard code SQL functions and expressions related to these fields -ie in the initial CONNECT/DYNAMIC INPUT IN-DB tools, the FORMULA tool or the FILTER Tool. Something like the Join or Summarize tool operates on the field level.

jdoughty1
5 - Atom

Hi All, i also have the same question, how do you create an array in my case ID's

["TPSDR0387226",
"TPSDR0388174",
"TPSDR0384620",
"TPSDR0382913"]

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @jdoughty1 

If Your input is a dataset like this:

Screenshot 2024-03-05 075023.png

You can use the formula + concatenate tool to create an output like this:
Screenshot 2024-03-05 075148.png

Check the attached workflow.