Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Interface tool for Select

Farriyajawed
7 - Meteor

I am trying to get an interface for a select tool where after selecting the file in the app, the user can map the Account and Amount fields to the one in their file. 

I have the fields renamed in the workflow but there is a different file every time with different headers and I need them to map Account to Account in their file for the summary tool to work. 

3 REPLIES 3
apathetichell
19 - Altair

if feld names change - you'd need to choose chained app.

app 1 -> read in file - see columns.

app 2-> use two dropdowns to map your files.

I'd recommend using dropdowns connected to dynamic rename set with:

If [_CurrentField_] = "Test" then "Account" else [_CurrentField_] endif (in your dynamic rename set in formula tool -> action tool replaces specific string Test.

If [_CurrentField_] = "Test" then "Amount" else [_CurrentField_] endif (in your dynamic rename set in formula tool -> action tool replaces specific string Test.

Farriyajawed
7 - Meteor

Hi, 

Would you have an example workflow of how the chained app are set up with a select tool. I think that would help clarify it. 

apathetichell
19 - Altair

Hey - my advice is not to use a select tool. It's to use two dynamic rename tools. Have you built a chained app before? 

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels