Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Installing Python Library - Error

sriniprad08
11 - Bolide

Hi Team,

Hope you are well.

I need  help . I am trying to install  a library called "Pycaret" . It's giving me the below error. Can you please let me know what could be the reason?

Thanks for the help,

Regards,

Sri

sriniprad08_0-1657194684223.png

5 REPLIES 5
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @sriniprad08,

Try installing it like this:

from ayx import Alteryx
Alteryx.installPackages(package='pycaret', install_type="install --user")

Good blog explaining this here:

How To: Use Alteryx.installPackages() in Python to... - Alteryx Community

sriniprad08
11 - Bolide

Hi @IraWatt 

thank you so much :).  I am getting the below error . Can you please let me know if i am missing anything.

sriniprad08_0-1657196193496.png

Thanks,

Sri

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@sriniprad08 that seems a little strange, I have attached a workflow which works on my PC:

IraWatt_0-1657197359375.png

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@sriniprad08 looking at your python output I would check this directory: C:\Users\<your user>\AppData\Roaming\Python has a Python38\scripts file as it seems to be complaining about that. 

sriniprad08
11 - Bolide

Hi @IraWatt ,

Thank you so much. Really appreciate your time and help. It seems i need admin rights to install these packages as i am working on my office machine.

Have a nice day,

Cheers,

Sri

Labels