Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Inserting Date to the top of my output without headers. Headers should be in row 2.

wonka1234
10 - Fireball

Hi,

Having trouble with inserting the date to the top out my output. The headers from dataset 2 should be in row 2. and no header for date. this is exported to excel

wonka1234_1-1672928473621.png

wonka1234_2-1672928487828.png

Not sure what to do here...

3 REPLIES 3
FinnCharlton
13 - Pulsar

Hello, maybe look at changing the order of your Union tool. The field names are being added last, and therefore to the bottom. Try adding the field names (from the multi-field tool) second rather than third. You can do this by manually changing the order within the union tool.

You could then try to "skip the field names"  when outputting the data to excel using the output tool. The date should then be in the first row.

gautiergodard
13 - Pulsar

Hey @wonka1234 

Are you able to share the segment of your workflow referenced in your screenshot along with some sample data? 

I suspect you may need to slightly adjust how are you unionning your data streams. 

ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @wonka1234 - You need to move field names down to the first row as values and configure your Output Data tool accordingly:

ArtApa_0-1672981858774.png

Labels