Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Input Data - Output Data and run again utilizing result set

ITG1
7 - Meteor

This seems pretty straight forward but I can't seem to find my way to an answer but what is the best layout/approach/controls for the following workflow:

I have an input data control that queries an Oracle table and an output data control that writes that result set to another Oracle table with the same columns.  But now, after that occurs, I then need to have another input data control and output data control that executes after that previous set within the same workflow.

Forgive my novice Alteryx skills here but what is the mockup/diagram for getting the following into one workflow container.

Input -> Output -> Input -> Output?  How do you connect 2 sets of input/output data as I don't see a connector available coming off the output data to essentially go from there to the next segment?

Cheers and thanks

5 REPLIES 5
ITG1
7 - Meteor

I also have about 6 drop downs that feed values into the input/output (post SQL Stored Proc substitution) so I wanted to be able to use the same update values actions that are already in place feeding the first input/output set for the second input/output set as well.

ITG1
7 - Meteor

Here is the workflow.  I want to basically execute another input/output relationship after the first one completes and the new input/output relationship needs to still be able to inherit all those drop down values like the previous one does. 

ie) I'm doing some more querying/writing after the output action executes below based on what data is there and I need all those variables still.  There's got to be an easier way than recreating all those update values again for a new input/output relationship but I don't see a way to add a new input control that knows what was passed to the other input control already as those update values actions only take 1 output.

soccertil1108
8 - Asteroid

If I understand your problem correctly, the same Application prompts need to feed two input and output data flow?s If so, then simply add the second input and output to your workflow and create new actions for the Application prompts.

ITG1
7 - Meteor

Thanks.  I was hoping there was a way to avoid recreating all those update values again since they're already present in the workflow and connecting to the other input/outputs but maybe not?

soccertil1108
8 - Asteroid

You could possibly build a Macro to process both files. You would start by having the Actions update a Text Input. But, I believe that a macro would add a level of complexity that isn't really required unless you are very comfortable with building macros.

Labels