Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Import the yxwv file for analytic app into Alteryx canvas

hlee36
8 - Asteroid

Hi. 

I have to debug Alteryx workflow that was built into the Analytic App.

It will be burdensome to manually update the input files in the Canvas mode. 

I have a yxwv that has all the input files, that I run the Analytic App with.

Is there a way to import this yxwv into Alteryx Canvas to avoid manually updating all the input files, so I can debug it?

1 REPLY 1
DanielG
12 - Quasar

@hlee36  - If you are comfortable with XML bring it in with an input tool to a blank workflow as non-delimited text file and then once the XML is in Designer you can manipulate the file's code output it as a new YXWV (Or overwrite the original, at your own risk during testing... 😁)

I had done something like that to update database references (tables/fields) in existing workflows during an upgrade from on-prem database references to cloud database references.  I was able to bring in YXMD files, manipulate the XML and output them as YXMD files.  Same should be do-able for any Alteryx, XML-based file type.  I stress the SHOULD because I haven't actually done it on other file types yet.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels