Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Implementing excel offset functionality in Alteryx:

apkmnp
5 - Atom

Hi Everyone,

Its been some couple months since I started looking more on the Alteryx modelling.

I have a scenario where I need to calculate the final output using average of a matrix received from dynamic range of a data. I have a sample model created on excel with me but I am facing issues while trying to implement the same in Alteryx, any help on this would be really appreciated. Attaching the excel model for your review.

1 REPLY 1
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @apkmnp ,

this is an interesting one as I had to figure out what you were trying to achieve. 

To make this dynamic I've used an embedded iterative macro which takes each row, determines the position and the factor, and returns the averages of the values according to how far back in time you want to go determined by the factor.

This sounds more complex than it is.

I've attached the exported workflow package. Install that and let me know if this is what you need.

The results are correct, but remember the first part in the box is simply putting the data into the right format:

mceleavey_0-1643648022849.png

If you have the data in a different format to that provided you will need to re-write that part.

Here are my results:

mceleavey_1-1643648069226.png

M.

Bulien

Labels