Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

If data contains X move all data to True

kkelly3
5 - Atom

Hello, 

So, I have three workflows that are similar but each need to run on a unique workflow. 

Each sheet has 8 rows of data (all informational and is removed later on in the workflow). Before I remove this information I want to test to see what workflow I should run as you cannot tell what workflow should run without this information. 

I tried a filter IF [F2] Contains "X", and it only gives me one line with the text I searched for (this line is not useful to my workflow and will be removed as mentioned above) and all of the rest of the data moves to the False output. 

I basically want to test to see if my sheet contains X and if it is True move all data as is on. If false, it will perform another test to see what the appropriate workflow is.

What tools would I utilize to achieve this?

Thanks!!

5 REPLIES 5
Raj
16 - Nebula

@kkelly3 try using 

if contains([F2],"X") then "True" else "False"

this should work.

kkelly3
5 - Atom

Unfortunately that is not working. When I run that code I only get the one line that contains X resulting in True. The rest of the lines are still going to false.

Deano478
12 - Quasar

@kkelly3 will the row simply contain just the letter X or is there any other text prefixing it or after it? if its just simply X you can try something like

if Contains([F2], 'X', 0) Then 1 else 0 endif

kkelly3
5 - Atom

@Deano478

There is more text in the cell (B3 in the excel sheet I attached below). In this case I am searching to see if it contains "Can".

I attached a sample of the data and the workflow that I am currently working on. Currently the workflow identifies the "Can" row and putting that into the true output and the rest to the false output. Because this sheet contains "Can" my goal is to get everything in the true output.

Deano478
12 - Quasar

@kkelly3 so based on what your saying have a look at this and see if it suits your case:

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels