Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

IF Formula with Vlook up

Sarath27
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I am trying to replicate the below formula, but I can transform that into Alteryx. Can you please explain me this to me so I can replicate the same in Alteryx?

Formula 1

=IF(AND(AQ2<>"",N2="Securitized Products Financing"),"Sec Prod",IF(AQ2<>"",IFERROR(VLOOKUP('Flex data'!AA2,'Price testing'!C:J,7,0),"")))

Formula 2

=IF(IF(AR2="GOVT",VLOOKUP('Flex data'!AA2,'Price testing'!C:J,8,0),"")="GB","GB","")

How can I transform above IF function excel formulas in Alteryx, please advise. Thanks in Advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @Sarath27 

You'll need to use the join tool first to replicate the vlookups, then you should accomplish this with an If Then Else statement. Do you have some sample data to share?

Sarath27
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Luke_C  Its a huge data combination of different files, I don't know how could I share this here. All I wanted to understand a IF logic used here except vlookup.

Formula

=IF(AND(AQ2<>"",N2="Securitized Products Financing"),"Sec Prod",IF(AQ2<>"",IFERROR(VLOOKUP('Flex data'!AA2,'Price testing'!C:J,7,0),"")))

I have used this IF condition

1) Using Filter tool

IF !IsNull([Level 5]) AND [Prod Level 5 Name]="Securitized Products Financing" THEN "Sec Prod" ELSE [Prod Level 5 Name] ENDIF

2)  !IsNull([Level 5]) 

3) And then I made a vlook up from False part of Filter tool.

Please assist me on this.

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @Sarath27 

1. Join Tool: Join your 'Price Testing' data field to the data set. This accomplishes the vlookup part. You may want to do a union after to grab any records that didn't join.
  2. Formula Tool: 
    1. IF !IsEmpty([Level 5]) AND [Prod Level 5 Name]="Securitized Products Financing" THEN "Sec Prod" ELSE [Prod Level 5 Name] ENDIF

Using an If statement in a filter tool like you noted won't work, the filter tool expects Boolean results 

Labels