Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to sum two variables to create a new variable

Tom
5 - Atom

I am trying to create a new variable from this data, which will be called "Treasury" and will equal the sum of "Net interest income" and "FX margin".

Please could someone suggest how I could go about creating this new variable given the data is grouped by the questionnaire number, also how would I then re-calculate year on year change for this new variable?

Screenshot (53).png

5 REPLIES 5
JagdeeshN
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Tom 

Can you provide sample data and expected output.

Something tells me this is not a simple addition 🤔

JagdeeshN
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

@atcodedog05  @Tom ,

I just re-looked at the screenshot which shows some sample data. Looks like this would need a combination of filter and the crosstab tool, to first get the data in the right shape and then do the addition.

Tom
5 - Atom

Here is the workflow, the portion I am working on is off the False tab of the filter tool in the bottom right hand section of the workflow

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Tom 

This one was slightly confusing at beginning and took bit of time 😅

Is it the output you are expecting. "Treasury"  sum of "Net interest income" and "FX margin" row

atcodedog05_0-1628267210451.png

Workflow: I have made some changes in the circles part.

atcodedog05_1-1628267297099.png

Hope this helps : )

Labels