Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to setup workflow to calculate aging minus weekends and holidays

ebowlan
6 - Meteoroid

I am trying to setup a workflow to calculate aging between the date a case was opened and the date a case was closed less the weekend days (Saturday and Sunday) and Holidays.  I have the holidays set in a separate file.  The calculation that would be needed for Aging is to calculate the number of days between creation date and closed date, less the weekend days and holidays.  I am attaching some sample files to hopefully help you guys understand my ask.  

I have been working to setup a workflow for this and keep running into issues.  Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.  

6 REPLIES 6
gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

Hi @ebowlan, here is one way of doing this.

gabrielvilella_0-1646266709444.png

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@ebowlan 
there is some empty value for "Closed" column, I have to set a big value for it. You can change it to something you need.

0303-ebowlan.PNG

ebowlan
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Gabriel - There is an error message when I try to open the sample workflow.  Are you able to try to send over again?  

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @ebowlan 

Here is a zipped version of @gabrielvilella workflow

Hope this helps : )

ebowlan
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you all for your help.  I have put together a sample workflow based on the info above.  I keep getting an error message, so I am sure I have missed a step.  Would you be able to review and let me know what I am missing?

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

The date format on the main table needed to be converted to an actual date type. I changed it on the Multi field formula.

Labels