Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
GELÖST

How to publish a chained app to the server

m_v
Asteroid

Hi all,

I have built a chained app that works perfectly on the desktop. Here is what it does:

Part 1: Gets the list of scenario names from an external API data source, saves that list to a .yxdb file

Part 2: Has the user select one of the scenario names from a drop-down, genetas a .csv file with only the chosen scenario's value. 

All my files are saved on the shared drive.

Now, when I try to put this on the gallery, it looks like  the apps become unchained, and my drop-down does not include the latest data.  What am I doing wrong?

I'd love to publish the workflow, unfortunately it only works with my API key, so can't do that. Thanks a lot!

m_v_2-1677183100725.png

m_v_3-1677183146073.png

6 ANTWORTEN 6
apathetichell
Pollux

Where is part 1 writing the .yxdb to so part 2 can read it? Can this be on a network drive? Are you only loading part 1 up to Server with part 2 as a workflow dependency?

m_v
Asteroid

Everything is written to the network drive, yes. 

>Are you only loading part 1 up to Server with part 2 as a workflow dependency?

Yes.

m_v
Asteroid

@Jean-Balteryx I wonder if you could help with this one?

@m_v 

When publishing to the server, Manage workflow assets, or; publish the second app first

HomesickSurfer_0-1677513978140.png

m_v
Asteroid

Okay, I was finally able to figure it out so I'll post the solution in case anyone else loses their sleep over the same problem. 

1. Once the chained apps are uploaded to  the server, make sure that the second one is referenced properly (with the full path). For some reason if you open the workflow from the gallery it switches to "/externals".

2. In the "manage workflow assets", all outputs have to be unchecked except the .yxwz file.

m_v_0-1677519097193.png

m_v_1-1677519117975.png

NISHA_373
Meteoroid

Under manage workflow assets, my .yxwz files are missing. Also if I am adding all files under assets, its taking the relative path of my network drive rather than full path.

Can someone explain in detail how to publish chained app in the gallery and data should flow smoothly from 1st app to 2nd app

Beschriftungen