Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to perform the equivalent of a Teradata QUALIFY ROW_NUM() within Alteryx...

FogoFortitude
7 - Meteor

Hi, 

Can anyone direct me to the best Alteryx solution alternatives to Teradata's QUALIFY and PARTITION BY statements? 

This is a powerful function in Teradata I use to remove duplicates and ensure I select the best records from the duplicate set of keys. I would like to know how to have the same level of control over my dedupe process in Alteryx. 

1 REPLY 1
JoeM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@FogoFortitude

Anytime you see a 'partition by', that indicates the use of groups in Alteryx. Your approach may vary based on the type of qualifier you have written. The tools I used to accomplish the QUALIFY statement could be Unique (just for rownum()=1 by a given partition scenario, Sample (which can take the top 3, bottom three and more from each partition), and I also used multi-row formula to add a rank() over statement and then used the filter - benefit being that you get to build the "rank" field into the resulting data set. Attached is my example.

Labels