Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to output to different locations after formatting using Basic Table tool.

AnaLG
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I have a workflow that takes two different inputs in order to generate an output. For each account in the 'AccountName' field in my final dataset, the workflow generates a different file. In order to do that I have used the following:

- Used a Formula tool to create a new field called 'fileName' where I write -as a string- the location where I want my files saved.

- Added an Output tool and selecting the option "Take File/Table Name from Field", then "Change Entire File Path" and using the "fileName" field created in my previous step.

The problem is that I would like to format my rows, e.g., making the total rows bold. I know I am able to do this using the row rules in the Basic Table tool. The problem is that I have data that needs to be outputted in different locations/files, so if I use the Basic Table tool is formatting the data but it won't let me output the data the way I need (in different files indicated in the fileName field), as I don't think the Render tool offers that option.

Would anyone know how to be able to format the rows and being able to output the data in the different specific location?

Many thanks in advance,

Ana

2 REPLIES 2
Raj
16 - Nebula

@AnaLG 
you do have an option to change entire path by group in render tool as well.
hope this helps.

AnaLG
7 - Meteor

Hi Raj, 

Thanks so much for your answer. I have tried doing that and I an error saying the output file (which is the Excel file I have in the fileName field) is not a supported format. Do you know why I get this error?

Many thanks,

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels