Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to keep tab with graphs and pivot tables in xlsm output

Tranda
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I currently have an app on the server which outputs data into several sheets within a xlsm file, within the same file i've got a separate tab used to summarise the data of each tab using graphs and pivot tables 

My issue here is when the Alteryx app is ran it creates a new workbook and inputs the new information extracted into their relevant sheets, in doing so the summary sheet doesn't exist since it is creating a new workbook every time it's ran

When i run the app on my desktop it is fine because it'll only update an existing xlsm file on my computer keeping the summary tab 

Is there a way to create an Alteryx app to be ran on the server that will refresh data tabs yet maintain a separate tab consisting of pivot tables and graphs sourcing from the data tabs?

2 REPLIES 2
DanielMS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Tranda,

First can you check if the output tool on the Server version of the workflow set up the same as your desktop version?

Failing that have a look at this thread on outputting to a formatted excel workbook

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Excel-output-to-formatted-sheet/td-p/5...

Kind regards,

Dan

Tranda
7 - Meteor

Hi Dan,

On the server it's using the following setting which unfortunately instead of updating an existing template it's creating a new file in cache with only the sheets with then ew data

Tranda_0-1663302895705.png

Labels