Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to exclude matching rows during comparison of 2 datasets

illadelphia
6 - Meteoroid

Hi I am a new Alteryx user trying to compare and highlight mismatched rows in 2 files. Lets say the first file is from on-prem prod and the new file I am comparing against is in a different environment like AWS. I was able to find the "What the XML" workflow and it pretty much solved most of what I need with a little tweaking but one requirement I can't seem to figure out is how to exclude rows that are 100% matching. I have attached the workflow and the sample data demonstrates kind of what I am looking for. 

Basically trying to filter out matching rows but not sure where to implement the filter tool. My actual datasets will vary from a few columns to 30+

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
cmcclellan
13 - Pulsar

Hi @illadelphia 

I didn't have the macro so I couldn't see exactly what your workflow did, so I took your inputs and create a case sensitive comparison and a NOT case sensitive comparison.

I hope it helps :) 

illadelphia
6 - Meteoroid

I appreciate the response but it is not quite what I am looking for.. though I did not account for case sensitivity.. 

Capture35.PNGCapture34.PNG

Here is a screenshot of the flow, and i uploaded the macro here. the result layout should be rows 1-3 only, I am trying to filter out results like row 4 which are fully matched.

Thank you

illadelphia
6 - Meteoroid

so i think i found a solution but it is a little janky considering I will have variable number of columns. Is dynamic filtering is possible? I think I am getting closer to the solution of ignoring fully matched rows and only showing the mismatched ones with highlighting

thank you 

Capture36.PNG

cjaneczko
13 - Pulsar

Could you Join on Field 1, create a concatenation on Field 2 and Field 3 for both tables. Then add a filter where Concat Field 2a + Field 3a != Concat Field 2b + Field 3b.

illadelphia
6 - Meteoroid

Do you mean to do this after the transpose-join-filter steps? Or I guess Field1 could be the RecordID that I could join on 

Labels