Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to download files without url - only with a button - from websites

brunasollito
5 - Atom

Good Morning,

I wanna know how to download files without url - only with a button like "Baixar arquivo .CSV" in the attachment.

https://www.anbima.com.br/pt_br/informar/precos-e-indices/precos/taxas-de-cri-e-cra/taxas-de-cri-e-c...

3 REPLIES 3
FrederikE
13 - Pulsar

Hey @brunasollito,

Can you specify further what you are trying to achieve with this? What is the part of Alteryx in this? 

On the website you linked to there is a button, that is true, but there is still a URL linked behind the button. It is just covered up to make it stand out. 

brunasollito
5 - Atom

I am trying to use this as an "Input Data". The first thing to do in a my process is to download this archive e than do some filters and adjustments.

You said there is an URL linked behind the button and it is just covered up, could you help me to find it? 

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @brunasollito - the only way to do this is to look underneath the covers to find out what happens - in this case it looks like it's calling some java script (and I'm not sure how to call that without invoking the page)

it's not a bad idea to spend some time with the Chrome Developer tools; and seeing if you can find a way to call a java script function on a page without invoking a browser.

The other alternative would be to use Selenium and then click that button through code - there's a good article on using Selenium in Alteryx if you search for it.

Labels