Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How do I combine align cells with correct Column name

Allenli
7 - Meteor

Hi, I'm new to Alteryx, I imported a PDF file into Alteryx by using PdftoText. I'm having a difficulty on the alignment between the cells an column name. Any idea how to fix that? I really appreciated.

Allenli_1-1580424665716.png

3 REPLIES 3
DiegoParker
10 - Fireball

HI Allenli,

I believe the problem may be that you have trailing whitespaces on your headers. I created an example:

DiegoParker_0-1580467501992.png

You can use the dynamic rename with the following formula configuration to get rid of them:

DiegoParker_3-1580467608199.png

The expression for you to copy is: REGEX_Replace([_CurrentField_], '\s+\s+', '')

Hope this helps If does, can I ask you to mark it as helpful ? this will help other users to find correct answers and will allow us to close the thread. Many thanks!

Best,
Diego

Allenli
7 - Meteor

Hi DiegoParker,

Thanks for your reply. Your Regex_replace is helpful on one of my other issue. However, I do want to keep the number from second column and move it back to the first column. For example, the correct number should be Shipped Lbs 207,391. Inventory Lbs 207,391. Assoc Lbs 207,391. Carrier 618175. And advise?

Allenli_0-1580482248195.png

DiegoParker
10 - Fireball

Hi Allenli,

Please find the solution attached.

DiegoParker_0-1580484059424.png

Right now the numbers are still stored as string so you will have to do some data prep tere to change it. If you need help with this just let me know.

I did a text to column separating by space and then used the following formula in the multi row. 

if isnull([Value2]) then [Value1]+[Row+1:Value1]
else [Value2]+[Row+1:Value1] endif

Hope this helps If does, can I ask you to mark it as the solution? this will help other users to find it and will allow us to close the thread. Many thanks!

Best,

Diego

Labels