Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How do I Update a column in a Postgres table using Alteryx

lscanlon
6 - Meteoroid

I am trying to use a column "create_date" from Postgres table 1 to another table with the same column name "create_date" with the same value to be updated in all the columns in Postgres table 2.  I don't know who to do this. 

3 REPLIES 3
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Rule 1: Use In-DB for DB operations if you can.

Rule 2: If you have to use input data - turn off AMP.

Can you turn off amp - see if it runs. If it doesn't can you post what you are using for your sql in our output data tool?

lscanlon
6 - Meteoroid

This is what I have so far. I don't think I have a query; I don't know where to put the query.  Should it be an Update query. 

I want to update the whole table.  I want to put the same create_date on all the rows.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

I don't use Postgres via on-canvas tools - but my hunch is you should be using the Greenplum setting vs the generic odbc. Can you show a screen grab of a limitied mount of data coming out of the input data tool (ie how many records are there without the output tool - and can you confirm that you have data - and that it matches your criteria?).

Labels