Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Help with a Multi-Row Formula

mallieteal21
6 - Meteoroid

Hi there - I am working on a career progression analysis and hoping someone can help me with a multi-row formula using the attached data. I essentially want to write a formula that looks at each row in the attached document and tags each row accordingly. Specifically I'm trying to group the data into two buckets, the first are people who have a 0-3 in their job code (column D) at any point. The other group is anyone with rows that only contains 4-8 in the job code. Basically looking for some way to  identify and separate the people with rows for P0-P3 job codes, from the people who only have rows containing P4-P8 job codes. 

3 REPLIES 3
rzdodson
12 - Quasar

@mallieteal21 do you have a final output you have previously produced for this project that we can use as reference? Having some trouble understanding the grouping logic you are trying to arrive at/replicate.

Also, you have 820 other job codes that are in the data set. Any preference on what happens with these (e.g. B7162VP, PM2010, N5015 etc.)?

FrederikE
13 - Pulsar

Hi @mallieteal21

This workflow tags all strings that contain P0-P3 and P4-P8 with "group" 1 or 2 - they can of course be both. All others are Nulls (can be filtered or kept).

Screenshot 2024-03-18 203637.png

rzdodson
12 - Quasar

Here is one approach.

If [Job Code] IN('P0','P1','P2','P3') then "Group 1"
elseif [Job Code] IN('P4','P5','P6','P7','P8') then "Group 2"
else null()
endif

Solution.png

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels