Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Help with Fuzzy Matching

James89
7 - Meteor

I have been trying to use Fuzzy Match to match for instance:-

1. Column Name: Sum_Net Pay with Value match against

2. Column Name: Wage Description with Net Pay along with Debit and Credit details.

Is there any method that I can do, or what would be the configuration in the Fuzzy Match setting

IMG_3118.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Raj
16 - Nebula

@James89 
please share sample workflow with sample data will be in better position to help

James89
7 - Meteor

Hi Raj, 

Thanks for the reply Raj. I am not able to share the workflow as it confidential in nature. But the aim of the topic is as such:-

NameValueWage DescriptionDr AmountCr Amount
Sum_Net Pay1MEDICAL Ins21
Sum_Overtime Allowance3Net Pay21
Sum_Medical Insurance1Overtime Allow30

How do I use Fuzzy Match tool to help me get Alteryx to find the closest match (with Name compared against Wage Description) to arrive at table below. Table below would be my plan intended outcome: -

NameValueWage DescriptionDr AmountCr Amount
Sum_Net Pay1Net Pay21
Sum_Overtime Allowance3Overtime Allow30
Sum_Medical Insurance1MEDICAL Ins21

Thanks for providing the help!

Raj
16 - Nebula

@James89 
find the workflow attached
mark done if solved.

James89
7 - Meteor

Hi Raj, 

Thanks for the response. I have attached the workflow illustration to better describe the situation.

There are 3 files in the workflow attached and I would like to compare File B (Register 1) + File B (Register 2) against File A in terms of name and amount. However, the name used between File A and B might be different, but they carry the same meaning. For instance, File A used Sum_Basic, while File B used Basic Pay and the list goes on. 

I have tried using the Find and Replace tools as suggested, though it helps, but Alteryx does not include the approximate similar wordings in the workflow for other items. Hence, I am thinking whether applying Fuzzy Match by just putting similar / approximate wordings with % accuracy would help in this case.

Labels