Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Help Needed: Implementing Logic for Email Notifications in Alteryx Workflow

CrisRoman
7 - Meteor

Hello Alteryx Community,

I'm in the process of creating a workflow in Alteryx to manage project notifications, with a specific focus on avoiding duplicate email notifications for new projects.

The core function of my workflow is to identify projects that have been created within the last seven days and then update the notification status accordingly.

Here’s the situation: My workflow involves a user table, a project request table, and a CSV file for tracking email notifications.

The logic I intend to implement is straightforward - if a project is less than 7 days old, I want to set the 'EmailToSend' field in the CSV to 'Yes'. Subsequently, post-email dispatch, I plan to update the 'EmailSent' field. However, I'm struggling with how to set up this logic in Alteryx, particularly in terms of the order and configuration of the tools needed.

Additionally, I faced installation issues with OneDrive and SharePoint tools and have resorted to using a local CSV file through an Input Tool. I'm very new to Alteryx and still learning the ropes, so any guidance or advice on how to structure this logic effectively would be greatly appreciated.

I have attached a screenshot of my current workflow setup to provide a clearer understanding of my approach.

Thank you in advance for your help and patience!

1 REPLY 1
CrisRoman
7 - Meteor

emil_notification_workflow.png

Labels