Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Healthcare Patient Product Order Transaction History: pick the primary Insurance Plan

garycao
5 - Atom

Hi,

I have a transaction history with following attributes:

• Date of Shipment
  • Customer ID
  • Order ID
  • Product Item ID
  • Sales Dollar
  • Insurance Plan ID
  • Referral Source ID

Over 6 months period, a customer can have multiple orders; each order can have multiple product items.  Most of the time, “Insurance Plan ID” and “Referral Source ID” are the same, but may also be different.

I want to choose “Insurance Plan ID” based on the largest value of “Sales Dollar” during this period.  Alternatively, I may want to choose “Insurance Plan ID” based on the date (first-ever “Date of shipment” during this period of 6 months).

Additionally and separately, I want to choose “Referral Source ID”, based on largest “Sales Dollar” at Order level, similar to “Insurance Plan ID” situation above.

How do I do that?  Thank you for your help.

2 REPLIES 2
jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Yes perfectly doable.

For max dollar sales, use a summarise tool to create the total by customer and plan. You can then use a sort tool and sample tool to get one for each customer.

For the first plan, again a summarise tool will get the min date. You can then join back to the original data and again use a sample tool to get the insurance plan id.

2016-06-08_21-49-09.jpg

Sample attached. You should be able to adjust it to for referral source id in a similar vain.

garycao
5 - Atom

Thank you!  Very helpful, and quick.

Labels