Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Header and Footer only on the first page PDF

Karlygash_M
Astéroïde

Hello Dear Alteryx users 😊,

How to put header and footer on the first page of the Alteryx?

There is an option how not to show it on the first page)))

Thanks a lot, 

Attached the workflow 

6 RÉPONSES 6
FrederikE
Pulsar

Hey @Karlygash_M,

If you only want it on the first page you have to do a small workaround. 

Split your first page from the rest of the datastream and then use the header and footer on one part, and the other don't use a header/footer. Then combine the datastreams via. Union. 

It should look like this:

Unbenannt.png

Then select a Line Break selector in the render tool. 

See the attached WF. 

Karlygash_M
Astéroïde

@FrederikE 

I have dynamic pages, for example if i have one page header and footer should on that page

But if i have more than one the footer should on the last page.

By your approach i think it is more in static way

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@Karlygash_M  It doesn't need to be static

Once you've made your report, if you have 1 row per page, then you can use a record ID tool and a filter to separate the first page.
You can attach the header and footer to this, then union the false stream onto the outcome.

If there are multiple pages, then they won't have the header and footer, but if there's only 1 page then nothing will be unioned in :)

Hope that helps,

Ollie

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@Karlygash_M 

Sorry, didn't fully understand at first.

Similar approach, using recordId, count records appends and filters.

Firstly filter to [Count]=1 -> here you can attach your header and footer to the true stream; and a layout to combine vertically into a single snippet

Off the false outcome, filter again to [RecordID]=1 -> here you just attach your header; and a layout to combine vertically into a single snippet

Off the false outcome, filter again to [RecordID]=[Count] -> Attach the footer to the false output; and a layout to combine vertically into a single snippet

You then union (with a set output order):

#1 Layout from T of first filter

#2 Layout from T of second filter

#3 Layout from F of third filter

#4 Layout from T of third filter

This will dynamically attach a header to the first row and a footer to the last

Ollie

FrederikE
Pulsar

Hey @Karlygash_M,

Well, I think you are not correct. With my logic you can dynamically specify which page goes into which Reporting Tool, and thereby select dynamily infront.

Depending on your data, this might be complicated, but it doesn't have anything to do with the technical header/footer logic anymore.

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hey @Karlygash_M 

sorry, didn't have access to Alteryx yesterday. Here's what I was talking about:

Screenshot 2023-06-29 at 10.12.55.png

Hope that helps, Ollie

Sondage
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Étiquettes