Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Generate Multiple sheets and Multiple Excel files using Macro

munipavankumar
8 - Asteroid

Hi Team,

I built a macro that splits the data into multiple sheets and generates a country-wise Excel file. For that, I used the Table, Layout, and Render tools. It provides the correct output when running only the macro. However, if I connect it to a workflow, it does not give the correct output, and I can see only one of the sheets. I can't get all the sheets as output according to the input field. If I use the Output tool instead of the Render tool, I get the correct output, but the client requires some conditional formatting in the output. That's why I used the Render tool. I am sharing the workflow for your reference. Please help with this. Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
apathetichell
19 - Altair

Are you trying to create a seperate sheet for each country or a seperate file for each country? If you're trying to create a seperate sheet - this is wrong. you don't need a batch macro and you actually can't use a batch macro as designed. If you are trying to create a seperate file - this is fine - but I'd create the file in a formula tool and then change the entire path in render. (and if that's what you want - I can post it). If you want the market/country as a seperate sheet in the same file - you'd group on that in your table tool - and then feed that into your layout - all in the main workflow - not in a macro.

binuacs
21 - Polaris

@munipavankumar Can you upload a sample expected output file based on your input? may be the output from your first container?

munipavankumar
8 - Asteroid

I hope this will help you to understand.

Screenshot 2024-06-28 145206.png

binuacs
21 - Polaris

@munipavankumar as mentioned by @apathetichell you no need a batch macro to get the desired output you mentioned above

image.png

apathetichell
19 - Altair

as long as your table is group by hardware and country - and you are using hardware as the vertical section break in your layout tool - I don't see this as a huge issue with your current workflow. Just make sure you apply your groupings in the table tool.

munipavankumar
8 - Asteroid

Hi @binuacs, Yes, Its working, Thank you so much. 👍

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels