Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Fuzzy Matching - Multiple Columns with Identifier that can appear multiple times

Mzacr
5 - Atom

Hi everyone,

I´ve been working into developing a Fuzzy Match to compare various data sets regarding invoices. However, I´m at a loss. I´ve two data sets, with a unique identifier "invoice #", however that identifier can appear multiple times with a different amount as that invoice can have multiple amounts or be retracted with different dates. Has anybody worked with a similar scenario?

Best regards,

Esteban 

3 REPLIES 3
usmanbashir
11 - Bolide

@Mzacr - are you able to provide a sample of that data in order to assist? I could be wrong, but it doesn't sound like you need to use fuzzy matching based on what you mentioned. 

RaphaelSilva
9 - Comet

Adding to what @usmanbashir mentioned, with a sample data and expected output will be easier to assist you
Fuzzy Matching will match similar text records, if you have a unique identifier you can use join tool and match using invoice #, that will return all possible matches and will duplicate every time invoice # matches with your lookup table.
And if you don't want to match multiple times, you can aggregate the files using invoice # as key and sum values, match by similar retracted dates etc... Then it will be a 1:1 mapping exercise.

Mzacr
5 - Atom

Hi all, 

Thank you for your assitance! Yes here is an attached dummy test with dummy data. The idea is to be able to compare a C&A of all records. 

Best regards,

Esteban 

Labels