Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Fuzzy Matching - Multiple Columns with Identifier that can appear multiple times

Mzacr
5 - Atom

Hi everyone,

I´ve been working into developing a Fuzzy Match to compare various data sets regarding invoices. However, I´m at a loss. I´ve two data sets, with a unique identifier "invoice #", however that identifier can appear multiple times with a different amount as that invoice can have multiple amounts or be retracted with different dates. Has anybody worked with a similar scenario?

Best regards,

Esteban 

3 REPLIES 3
usmanbashir
11 - Bolide

@Mzacr - are you able to provide a sample of that data in order to assist? I could be wrong, but it doesn't sound like you need to use fuzzy matching based on what you mentioned. 

RaphaelSilva
9 - Comet

Adding to what @usmanbashir mentioned, with a sample data and expected output will be easier to assist you
Fuzzy Matching will match similar text records, if you have a unique identifier you can use join tool and match using invoice #, that will return all possible matches and will duplicate every time invoice # matches with your lookup table.
And if you don't want to match multiple times, you can aggregate the files using invoice # as key and sum values, match by similar retracted dates etc... Then it will be a 1:1 mapping exercise.

Mzacr
5 - Atom

Hi all, 

Thank you for your assitance! Yes here is an attached dummy test with dummy data. The idea is to be able to compare a C&A of all records. 

Best regards,

Esteban 

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels