Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Formula tool in analytic app tool. Parse error at char.

wonka1234
10 - Fireball

Hi,

I am getting error 

wonka1234_0-1679599122642.png

Why am I getting this? I am trying to be able to alter:

1) the Column name from the formula tool dropdown

2) the column name in the formula tool

3) the special character to replace with ""

Ie it should go from  String-sfs-asda-te to Stringsfsasdate

any help would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
phottovy
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @wonka1234 ,

There error is caused by action tool 5. By selecting to replace the underscore in your formula, this action tool will also replace the underscore in "CCOA_String" causing the formula to have an error since it cannot locate the updated column name:

phottovy_1-1679600261882.png

I plugged in "6" as my replacement character and now the formula looks like this:

phottovy_2-1679600415204.png

wonka1234
10 - Fireball

@phottovy ah thanks, not sure how i missed that... what would be the best to put in here instead of "_" ?

Dina
9 - Comet

I guess you were trying to replace "-" with your test. Since the column name also has "_", when the workflow runs, it changed your formula to Replace([CCOA-String], "-", ""), which [CCOA-String] doesn't exist. 

To resolve that issue, I updated your Action (5) to replace "_". When you run the app you need to input as "-"(with quotation mark around the character).

I also updated your Action (3), in case you want to apply to a different column. 

Labels