Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Formula question

tpostlewate
7 - Meteor

I have two columns, one is 'estimated' age and one is 'exact age'. I want to create a new column 'New Age' where if 'exact age' is populated, it moves that age into the new column and if exact age is NOT populated and 'estimated age' is, it moves 'estimated age' into the New Age column. I hope that makes sense. Thanks in advance!

11 REPLIES 11
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @tpostlewate,

Probably you aren't able to open our workflows because you have older alteryx version.

If you will open the alteryx workflow with the notepad and amend it you will be able to make it work. 

Emil_Kos_0-1609341657047.png

Regarding your issue with the formula not working your numbers are string. You should use a select tool and make them both numeric:

Emil_Kos_1-1609341752678.png

tpostlewate
7 - Meteor

I finally figured out what was going wrong. The second formula box had a title for a new column (Have NO idea how I had that in there!), which was messing with the correct formula you gave me. Thanks for hanging in there with me! NOW- on to my next challenge!

Labels