Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Force AMP Off or Detect AMP setting?

Hiblet
10 - Fireball

I have some macros that don't work when AMP is on.

Is there a way to stop people using them with AMP on?  Is there a way to detect AMP and error out with a message if AMP is on?

Many thanks in advance!

11 REPLIES 11
NeoInfiniTech
10 - Fireball

In addition to the undocumented variable Engine.Type (which would be great to have it officially documented as @Hiblet mentioned), is there also a variable for the Engine Compatibility Mode under AMP Engine (SortedGrouping in XML)?

Using these two variables (assuming there is also a variable for Engine Compatibility Mode), it would be possible to run a workflow either if AMP is off or both AMP and Engine Compatibility Mode is on (or run an AMP enabled workflow only if Engine Compatibility Mode is on in the workflows that utilize Control Containers).

Alternatively, two settings could be added that could be enforced by local Admin:

- A list box with three options to determine under which conditions a workflow can be run (AMP off, AMP on, AMP on with Engine Compatibility Mode).

- A sub-setting to Use AMP Engine for all new workflows:

Use Engine Compatibility Mode for all new AMP Engine enabled workflows.

Eli_B
10 - Fireball

AMP is the worse! Speed increases aren't worth data integrity, and I've witnessed AMP mess up the most simplest of tasks, like the Running Total tool. AMP can't even tally column totals in this tool. Alteryx got their product to go multi thread, I don't believe they have figured out how to bring it all together again & actual perform analysis on the results in the same flow.

Labels