Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Finding Customer Accounts from Operations against Sales Accounts that mix L1 and L2

Scarbrain
7 - Meteor

Need a good solution to being able to extract the L1 accounts from a list of sales accounts and also the L2 accounts that are in the same row of data.

L1 accounts are 8 in length, however L2 accounts mostly are 8 in length but can also have a other lengths.

I'm sure there is Tokenize or something on those lines

I would want the matching of both L1 and L2 so I can then lookup the quantities, e.g.

QHA00184-QHB00474 is the operations L1/L2, could we find this in the Sales list and create a column that results in  QHA00184-QHB00474. This Opportunity has a second L1/L2 account, would want that in another column in the same row.

The result is, I will then lookup the quantities from operations against sales quantities.

Note, the Opp #15 they just took the L2 QFB00977 then added in the rest of the last 3 digits (just to make it interesting)

Excel with 2 tabs attached

1 REPLY 1
Scarbrain
7 - Meteor

Have read other posts, I was probably over complicating it

I can see a pattern, majority L1 and L2 accounts are separated by either / or ,   

I can therefore use Text to Columns and specify ./,.

I can then transpose and join against Op accounts, then will concatenate

Thanks Me haha

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels