Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Find digit in string

sstevens02
5 - Atom

We have the numeric output from a survey with a "select all that apply" question. There were 12 selections. The output could have from 1 to 12 digits such as 1,5,6 or 3,7,8,10,11. The numbers are separated by a comma but no space. I want to search each cell and if there is a "1" present to output TRUE or 1 to the column representing that answer. For example, let's say 1= apple, 2= orange, 3= banana, 4= plum, 5 = grapes, 6= strawberries. So for the first string it would put true in the apple column, true in grapes and true in strawberries. 

I am thinking I will need 12 different formulas. Search each cell for a "1" and put the results in the apple column. Then search each cell for 2 and put the results in the orange column. etc. I tried a regex formula REGEX_Match([Fruit, "\d{1}") to get started and it returned false (0) for each cell. 

Example attached: Column 1 is input, columns 2-13 are desired output.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @sstevens02,

I think this workflow generates the output you want:

IraWatt_0-1654295657876.png

Any questions or issues please ask :)
HTH!
Ira

sstevens02
5 - Atom

Thank you! My coworker told me the community was fast to help but I didn't think I would get an answer this quickly!! You're amazing!!

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

No worries @sstevens02 😄 

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Also thanks for adding example input and output data always makes it easier/quicker to understand the problem ! 

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels