Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Fill in missing price data from a field matching several criteria

Annacsaa
5 - Atom

Hi everyone, 

Fairly new to ALteryx here and probably biting off more than I can chew. 

But my issue is I have a file of 1m rows. Which contains weekly data for 1000 products accross 300 stores. 

I need a price for every single week to make a calculation work, but the price column has a blank for the price where there are no sales.

How can I make a new field which basically says 'if this column has a price, use the price, if it is blank, use the price from the most recent week that hs a price, and if there is no price record in any week then give me a 0.

Thanks to anyone who can help!

3 REPLIES 3
binuacs
21 - Polaris

@Annacsaa I think a multirow tool will be useful in this scenario. Please find a sample workflow attached 

binuacs_0-1641989407615.png

Annacsaa
5 - Atom

Thank you! so helpful!

Does it need to be sorted in a way that has the weeks of each store/sku combo next to each other?

What will happen if the row above also has no price? Would it go to the row before?

binuacs
21 - Polaris

@Annacsaa can you please provide a sample test file with all the scenario included with expected result. The given workflow was a sample  and it should re-design based on y our data.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels