Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

File browse interface

ADRIANTJ
5 - Atom

I am trying to load an excel file with multiple tabs and load them to different inputs, as you can see in the picture 

Capture.PNG

I was configuring the action tool like this, but everytime I run the workflow as analytic app, it requests me to select the name of the sheet to load, but I want to load the file without asking which sheet to read, I know I'm doing something wrong in the configuration tool, I hope someone could help me, thanks in advance!!

Capture2.PNG

:

2 REPLIES 2
ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @ADRIANTJ - I can see that you Union all Sheets together after you read your file. That's why I'd like to suggest you a different approach to read your data. Note, this will work only if schema is the same across all Sheets. Otherwise, you'd need to use a batch macro.

ArtApa_0-1612075303206.png

Here is a link to a batch macro example that you can modify to read all Sheets with different schema: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/CS-Macro-Dev-Reading-in-Multiple-Fi... 

Kiran_M11
5 - Atom

Hi All,

I am trying to change the File Browse label,

Can we change the File Browse label dynamically, when we Run the analytical app.

Thank you

Kiran_M11_0-1658238830051.png

Labels