Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Extract Specific Data from Excel and PDF

Ramyasri_1997
7 - Meteor

Hello, I have a regular task of copying the Numbers from an PDF file and Paste the values in an excel as per the Month value . Can I use alteryx to copy my required data from an PDF file and EXCEL file and past them in a desired location excel file I specific sheet and column. Is this possible Please assist on this. I had attached the reference files so I want to copy from 14th April to 5th June data in to the excel in the respective month. And it would be great if you can also include the workflow. Please 

4 REPLIES 4
alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Ramyasri_1997 do you have Alteryx Intelligence Suite for PDF reading capabilities?

Ramyasri_1997
7 - Meteor

I am not sure. but I can request the access for... However I also want to do it for Excel file as well. QQ even for excel do I need Intelligence suite ?

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

No you don't need it for Excel, and better yet if you don't have Intelligence Suite then there is a macro out there that leverages R to read in PDFs:PDF Input - Alteryx Community. Adding this in with a regular Input Data tool to read in the Excel should work well

Ramyasri_1997
7 - Meteor

Thank you 

Labels