Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Excel: Grabbing Sections of Data from the Same Sheet

anniegullo
6 - Meteoroid

Each week I get an csv file that has many sections of data in one sheet. In general I would like to be able to grab these sections and have them live separately. 

On my attachment you can see my "current" data set I receive. They have a similar set up, but the different sections can have varying amount of rows week to week. There is always a blank row separating the sections. I thought (looking at the "need" section) that maybe if I could take the headers from each section and turn them into columns I could make that work. But I'm stuck. Thought maybe something with the Multi-Row Formula tool could work, but I am not very familiar with the tool enough to really try to get it to work.

Is this even possible? 

anniegullo_0-1647534926549.png

6 REPLIES 6
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@anniegullo This can be done with the help of Multi_Row formula tool. Please provide some sample data

anniegullo
6 - Meteoroid

@binuacs Here is a file. I have two tabs with two separate weeks showing that the weeks/sections vary. Thank you!

binuacs
20 - Arcturus
anniegullo
6 - Meteoroid

@binuacs - First of all, thank you so much for your help on this! I really appreciate it. But now that I try to put my real data is the Tile isn't working and I can't figure out why. In my screenshot you'll see that the Tile_Num repeats 6 times when it should only repeat 3 times.

My data has quite a bit more than previously uploaded, but if possible I've attached another data set that is much closer to what I actually receive. Any idea what the issue is? 

anniegullo_0-1647557016959.png

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@anniegullo I updated the workflow and attached. please let me know if you see any issues 

anniegullo
6 - Meteoroid

@binuacs This is perfect! Thank you so much!!!

Labels