Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Evaluating Outlook emails including Subject and Attachment Names

johnson1
5 - Atom

We are looking to use Alteryx to replace Excel VBA functionality to do the following

Loop thru Outlook for emails and evaluate

1-The subject name for predetermined names and in some cases dates within the subject name

2-The attachment name for predetermined names and in cases some dates within the attachment name

3-If the rules are met for 1 and 2 then save the attachment to a predetermined folder location

4-In certain cases where the email does not contain an attachment we copy from the body of the email and dump it into an Excel spreadsheet

5-Extract from Outlook the email receipt date and update an Excel spreadsheet where we maintain the most recent subject name, attachment name and email receipt date

6-Extract from Outlook the subject name and update an Excel spreadsheet where we maintain the most recent subject name, attachment name and email receipt date

7-Extract from Outlook the attachment name and update an Excel spreadsheet where we maintain the most recent subject name, attachment name and email receipt date

My question are 3

1-Does Alteryx have the ability to do 1-7

2-If the answer is yes to #1 would it be extremely involved to complete via Alteryx

3-If the answer is yes to #1 can you provide links to assist if this is feasible

4 REPLIES 4
Raj_Singh1
9 - Comet

I have used for 1-4. Maybe possible to extract data from Outlook but havent used it.

Using run command and email tool. possible to do 1-4 for sure

johnson1
5 - Atom

Thanks - can you provide me a link so I can further review the information you are referencing (Email tool and run command)...Thx

Raj_Singh1
9 - Comet

1. Worflow1 for email- please see attached, you will have to configure the setting and play around with it

2. Workflow 2- for copying file from one folder to another and renaming the file as per data, again you will have to configure run tool inputs to suit your solution

Raj_Singh1
9 - Comet

@johnson1 

Thanks a lot for accepting it as a solution. let me know if you have any questions around it . hope it works for you

Labels