Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error when attempting to publish to Mainframe

Brad1
11 - Bolide

I have a workflow that outputs to an Access Dbase and that works just fine.  However, if I add another output to also push the results up to our Mainframe I get an error message: "Output Data (38) Error creating table [tbl and Teradata mentioned here] Syntax error: Data Type "text" does not match a Defined Type name. ¶CREATE  MULTISET  TABLE [tbl and field names mention here]".  What is strange is if I take the Alteryx created Access Dbase and create another workflow and push that out to Production - it works fine.  Another strange wrinkle is if I add a single tool (any tool) between the dbase and the output in this new, work around, workflow - I get the same error.  Anyone run into this?  Any ideas on solution?  Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

the type "Text" is used in some places as a super-long character field.

Have you tried using a select tool to explicitly shorten your strings to the right size, or using an auto-field tool to do this?

Brad1
11 - Bolide

I'll give it a shot.  Thx.

Brad1
11 - Bolide

With the Select tool, I already had fields shortened as much as I dared.  Nothing over 60.  Adding the Auto Field gave strange results.  Example the two character State field went from 2 to 255 - so I took that out.  It also caused the creation of the Access dbase to fail.  Thanks for the suggestion, but I'll need to keep trying.  Like I say, I can create another workflow to push up the dbase that was just created.  Input/dbase ==> output/mainframe.  But if I put one single tool - any tool - between the two then that push up fails for same reason.

Brad1
11 - Bolide

Deleted Output tool and created a new one and that solved everything - even though I see nothing different between the old and new output variables.

Labels