Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Error SQL Execute: Cursors Not supported on Clustered Columnstore index.

MarkStern
5 - Atom

All,

I am new to this product and trying to connect the input data node to our SQL Database and I get the following error each time i connect to a table and try to run the node.  I need to get past this point t enable me to use and try out the power of the tool.

Error: Input Data (1): Error SQLExecute: [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]Cursors are not supported on a table which has a clustered columnstore index.[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]Statement(s) could not be prepared.

21 REPLIES 21
danchips
5 - Atom

Hi,

Im curious if this issue was ever resolved?

I am running into this issue using ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server. It does not look like my company provides the Native SQL to OLEdb to SQL driver. Either way i do not think i can use it as my version of SQL Server requires Azure Active Directory Interactive Authentication using a login ID entered by the user and a Soft Token verification. Do you know if there are any additional work arounds for the Clustered Column Store Index error that works with the SQL Azure Active Directory - Universal with MFA authentication option?

danchips
5 - Atom

Ignore my comment here. did not see the previous note to use:

BEGIN

SET NOCOUNT ON;

END

This worked for my work flow!

Labels