Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Enter Credentials in One URL, Retrieving Data from Another

Corbin Getz
5 - Atom

I am attempting to retrieve website data with a cURL expression. It looks like the cURL expression is working correctly however I am having trouble with making a temp file to read the results to the workflow. This is the error I'm getting. Any advice on how to handle this? Thanks!

Run Command Setup.pngRun Command Error.png

3 REPLIES 3
apathetichell
19 - Altair

why aren't you doing this in the download tool? the next question - if you save the file to a non-temp location - can you open it? is it there? is it named what you'd expect it to be named?

Corbin Getz
5 - Atom

I had attempted the download tool but couldn't figure it out by having the login page and then navigating to a second page to find the data. But with the Run Command tool, it looks like it's not working as I hoped when using a non-temp location.

It looks like I need to learn how to POST a username and password on one URL and then retrieve the data from another URL. Is that possible?

apathetichell
19 - Altair

You are confusing terminology here so I am not sure. If you have an API you would use CURL/download tool. It probably requires authorization on each endpoint. this would be username/password or token or whatever.  So for example - hitting here:

https://api.creditriskmonitor.com/

you use call 1 to get your token. subsequent calls use your bearer token as authentication.

If you are using a browser (ie you log in on one page -and then go to another ON THAT SITE) - you are using a browser activity. It is not something natively supported by Alteryx. You should either be using RPA, learn about private API endpoints, or get the API endpoint that corresponds to what you are looking for.

Labels