Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamically select and output common column based on whether it matches existing column

Shaina1
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I have a (input) dataset of the form as below wherein I have an input data column called Data which I want to match/compare against the other columns (1-4)

Input Data 

Shaina1_0-1664296311200.png

What I want essentially is a subset columns for eg in this case Data is matching with column 1, so I only want to output column 1.

Output Data form-I want to keep the column called 1 and not the column called Data

Shaina1_1-1664296815873.png

Looking for a dynamic solution since my " Data" column details could change depending on user input (app) and could match details of column "2" in which case my output should be column "2" only. 

I may have some stagnant columns x,y,z in input which I want to keep as an output irrespective. 

I tried to implement it using multifield and join tool-I guess multi row and multi field might be required together-not sure how to go about this-any help on this is appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Emmanuel_G
13 - Pulsar

@Shaina1 

Find in attachement the way of doing this.

It can work with as many fields as you want. 🙂

Let me know if there is any issue and do not hesitate to mark this answer as solution if it works.

Emmanuel_G_0-1664298804216.png

Shaina1
8 - Asteroid

This is awesome ! Thanks as lot @Emmanuel_G  :) 

Labels