Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Dynamically call Batch Macros

Prateek_Gupta25
7 - Meteor

I have about 20 batch macros for a process and want to call a specific one as per condition specified. One way is to have the boring method of applying filter searching name of each batch macro and then calling it like shown below. 

Is there any easier way to go about it ??

Prateek_Gupta25_0-1609166913006.png

5 REPLIES 5
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @Prateek_Gupta25 ,

My suggestion would be to convert your workflow to an app and then add each batch macro inside a container; then you can use the functionality of the Radio Button Interface tool (or that of a List Box Interface tool) which allow you to activate/deactivate a container.

So when the app runs, the user will be prompted to select which container shall be activated and the output will only contain the results of that particular batch macro.

Prateek_Gupta25
7 - Meteor

Thanks @AngelosPachis 

My problem is actually two fold, I also need to do version control which means my macros will be names Macro1_v1, Macro2_v1 .......... and once a new version is released, this will become Macro1_v2, acro2_v2 .........

Thus replacing the macros every time will again be a challenge. 

Any suggestions on this please. 

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@Prateek_Gupta25 
May be the filtering itself can be made to a Batch macro.

If you could provide some data, I will be happy to give a try.

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @Prateek_Gupta25 ,

I don't think there is a way to dynamically replace macros inside a workflow ;  so unlike the container box alternative, out of the top of my head I can't see a way to allow the user to choose which version of a macro to use within a workflow. 

The only way would be to manually replace version 1 macros with version 2 and so on.

dschandak
5 - Atom

Can you please provide the workflow file for your implementation

Labels