Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic tool help

Noumassya1520
7 - Meteor

I am importing a file which has months as the columns' headers. Every month I receive the file and it contains all the previous months' data, but I only need the current month's data. How can I use a dynamic tool to get Alteryx to use the current month's data. I'm currently using the select tool to deselect the previous month and select the current one.

Thanks in advance.

15 REPLIES 15
alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Dynamic Select is your best bet! You can use logic there to select the fields you need - something along the lines of [Name]=DateTimeToday() or whatever the column name is structured as

Raj
16 - Nebula

@Noumassya1520 
can you add some syntax of columns 
will help with the formula to use.

Noumassya1520
7 - Meteor

@Raj- I hope that helps

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

So then StartsWith([Name], ToString(DateTimeMonth(DateTimeToday()))) should work - making sure the name of the columns that you want to keep starts with the same month as today’s date

Raj
16 - Nebula

@Noumassya1520 
use this formual 

[Name] = left(datetimeadd(DateTimeFirstOfMonth(),-1,"days"),10)

This works.

Raj
16 - Nebula

@Noumassya1520 
Adding Workflow.

Noumassya1520
7 - Meteor

I just tried using the Dynamic select tool just like you suggested. Unfortunately, it still doesn't work as after I run the workflow and click on the tool's output I don't see the records. It says "No data available."

Noumassya1520
7 - Meteor

I tried to use the formula with the Dynamic Select tool and I got the following parse error: parse error at char(7): Unmatched (

jdminton
12 - Quasar

See attached. Try this formula in the dynamic select: DateTimeMonth(datetimenow())-1=DateTimeMonth([Name])

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels